Wednesday 14 October 2015

Kalam 's Quote

Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam's ten quotes
**************************************

India's Missile Man was a prolific writer and speaker, and inspired the youth to work hard to make dreams come true.
Here are top ten quotes from him:
1. My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed.
2. Dream, dream, dream! Conduct these dreams into thought, and then transform them into action.
3. Each setback teaches us a new facet of life and something about our own personalities. When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had.
4. I have seen both sides of the coin and have learnt life’s toughest lessons when I have stared into the pit of despair that failure brings with it. These lessons are well worth recounting and remembering, as they have helped me work my way through many difficult situations.
5. On the Holy Quran
I have worked with many brilliant engineers/leaders. The words from the Quran ring in my ears when I think of them: ‘Light upon light. Allah guides His light to whom He will.’
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/popup/2015/7/Abdul_Kalam14.jpg
6. On the Gita
(In the battle of Mahabharata) In another vision of the garden, all the flowers which blossomed in the morning now fall to the ground. Lord Krishna tells Arjuna, "See the flower, how generously it distributes perfume and honey. It gives to all, gives freely its essence. When its work is done, it falls away quietly. Try to be like the flower, unassuming despite all its qualities."
7. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face.
8. Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.
9. The wealth of information now available at the click of a finger amazes me. As a person closely involved with engineering and science, the march of technology should not surprise me, but when I juxtapose our lives today with what it was like 70 years ago, in a small south Indian town, the difference is startling even for me.
10. Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment